July 12, 2007

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit...


This is an idea that had been simmering for a while. When I worked for Coats, we had a lot of Beatrix Potter cross stitch designs in the range which were consistently popular. I had seen animals made out of toweling in a book by Tone Finnanager and thought it would be great to try a rabbit using an old towel and mixing it with some of the Beatrix Potter printed fabric.


The fabric has a lovely vintage look to it as it is from the original illustrations. To dress the rabbit, I made a little apron out of felt, and a carrot to go in the pocket. I'm not sure I can actually do anything with the rabbit, as it does say on the fabric, 'not to be used commercially'. After my time in the industry, I am very aware of copyright issues, as we spent a huge amount of time going through lengthy approval processes with all the character licensed designs. A very tedious process which I do not miss and one of the reasons I wanted to work for myself so much. I count my blessings every day, as that is now what I am able to do!

4 comments:

Veronica TM said...

she is soooo cute! i love how the towel and the other beautiful fabric look together.
the copyright issues sound tedious to me too.
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and for introducing me to the wonderful 'home' you created here.

Anonymous said...

I thought we had enough rabbits until I saw this one! It's really, really adorable...and I love the terry cloth idea.

Anonymous said...

so cute! i just bought some of that fabric. i used the radish print on my last post (that dusty old post - i must update!) as the backing fabric to display the sizzex on. i noticed the copyright warning - will heed!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea with the towel material. It works great. My niece would love something like this!